I am very excited to be teaching at Holy Childhood School again this year!
I am a Holy Childhood School alumni and I received my Elementary Education degree from SIUE. My husband, Patrick, and I were married at Holy Childhood Church in 2010. We have three children. Our daughter, Lilly, is in the 2nd Grade and our son, Eli, is in 1st. Our other son, Samuel, is two.
I enjoy spending quality time with my family, traveling, hiking, and trying new recipes.
January 20th – No School – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Jan. 26th-31st – Catholic Schools Week
January 6th through 10th, 2020
THIS WEEKS FOCUS
- Learn all about the Letter Nn; what it looks like, how it sounds & words that begin with it
- Learn the Letter Nn action song
- Work on letter formation
- Sort uppercase and lowercase Nn
- Trace words that start with Nn
- Review ABC Pattern
- Celebrate our 50th day of school!!
- Work on number recognition for #’s 1-5
- Learn all about the number 6: what it looks like on a dice, how to draw 6 dots on a Ten Frame, where it is on the number line, how to draw 6 tally marks & drawing 6 objects
- Work on 1:1 correspondence
- Talk about Epiphany and the three wise men visiting Jesus
- Talk about Noah’s Ark
- Offer up prayers and practice the Our Father
- Continue to practice the Sign of the Cross
Social Studies & Science
- Learn about night
- Practice raising our hands
- Review our classroom rules
- Take turns with toys
- January dramatic play theme is “On the Go!”