My name is Jody Cozzi, and my family has lived in Mascoutah since 2011. My family loves Mascoutah so much that my husband retired from the AF, and we continue to live in this fabulous community! I have been teaching 3 yr old Preschool at HCS since 2013. I have four children Melanie, Cas, Avery, and Leo. Leo is an 8th grader at HCS. My other three graduated from HCS. Melanie is a Senior in Benedictine College, Cas began Seminary, and Avery is a Senior at MHS. Dixie, our 6 yr old dog, is also a part of our family. I feel so very blessed to teach at HCS! Students are incredible and there’s no place I’d rather be!
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- Friday, October 9th HCS Golf Scramble
- Saturday, October 17th Virtual Dinner Auction
- Wednesday, October 20 Conferences
- Thursday, October 21 Conferences
- Wednesday, October 21 Picture Retakes
- October. 25 Happy Birthday, Rory
- Oct. 29 Halloween Party at 1015
We are learning all about being in Preschool! It takes hard work to learn so many new things, but with these smart children, it’ll be a breeze!
Here’s what we practice everyday:
- Walking in a straight line-following the person in front of us
- Names of friends in class
- Listening during story time, circle and calendar time
- Sharing with our friends
- Keeping our hands to ourselves
Our themes for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Sept-Oct: All About Me
- Nov-Dec: Weather and Seasons
- Jan-Feb: Dinoland
- Mar-Apr: Space & Sky
- May: Mother’s Day/Father’s Day; Wrapping Things Up!
Here’s what we are focusing on all year:
- Number Recognition (1-10)
- Uppercase Recognition (Review of letters)
- Colors and Shapes (Review of shapes/colors)
- Writing our names (please also work on this at home)
- Fine Motor and Gross Motor Skills
- How to hold our pencils, crayons, scissors, and markers (also work on this at home)
- Learning the days of the week/Months of the year
A Day in the Life of a Preschooler
8-845 Wash Hands/Open Play/Individual Instruction/Clean Up
845-9 Calendar/Prayer-Days of the Week/Months/ABCs/Story
101015 Morning Mtg (theme instruction)/Songs/Religion Library (Thursday)
1040-1055 Clean Up/Ready to go home!
You can also learn more here with the ABC’s of Holy Childhood Preschool 3 Year Olds.
We use Mother Goose Time Curriculum for academics and Benzinger Curriculum for Religion.
Check your Dojo App on school days for updates, pictures, and videos.