My name is Jody Cozzi, and I have lived in Mascoutah for 6 yrs. My family loves Mascoutah so much that my husband retired from the AF, and we continue to live in this fabulous community! This is my fifth year teaching at HCS. I have four children Melanie, Cas, Avery, and Leo. Leo attends HCS. My other three graduated from HCS. My oldest is a freshman in college and my other two older two go to MHS. Dixie, our 4 yr old dog, is also a part of our family. I feel so very blessed to teach at HCS! Students are incredible and there’s no place I’d rather be!
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- 13 Spring Pictures
- 15 Spirit Wear (blue and yellow-no money)
- 15 Feeding God’s People 7:30am Cafeteria
- 22 St. Patrick’s Day! Wear GREEN for 7th grade fundraiser ($1)
- 29- Apr. 2 School Closed for Easter Break
We are learning all about being in Preschool! It takes hard work to learn so many new things, but with these smart children, it’ll be a breeze!
Here’s what we practice everyday:
- Walking in a straight line-following the person in front of us
- Names of friends in class
- Listening during story time, circle and calendar time
- Sharing with our friends
- Keeping our hands to ourself
Our themes for the 2017-2018 school year:
- Sept-Oct: My Amazing Body
- Nov-Dec: Rainforest Adventure
- Jan-Feb: Dinosaur Dig
- Mar-Apr: Blast Off to Space
- May: Mother’s Day/Father’s Day; Wrapping Things Up!
Here’s what we are focusing on all year:
- Number Recognition (1-10)
- Uppercase Recognition (Review of letters)
- Colors and Shapes (Review of shapes/colors)
- Writing our names (please also work on this at home)
- Fine Motor and Gross Motor Skills
- How to hold our pencils, crayons, scissors, and markers (also work on this at home)
- Learning the days of the week/months of the year
A Day in the Life of a Preschooler
8-845 Open Play/Individual Instruction/Clean Up
845-9 Calendar/Prayer-Days of the Week/Months/ABCs/Story
945-10 Morning Mtg (theme instruction)/Songs/Religion Library (Thursday)
1040-1055 Clean Up/Ready to go home!
You can also learn more here with the ABC’s of Holy Childhood Preschool 3 Year Olds.