My name is Jody Cozzi, and I have lived in Mascoutah for 7 yrs. My family loves Mascoutah so much that my husband retired from the AF, and we continue to live in this fabulous community! This is my fifth year teaching at HCS. I have four children Melanie, Cas, Avery, and Leo. Leo attends HCS. My other three graduated from HCS. My oldest is a freshman in college and my other two older two go to MHS. Dixie, our 4 yr old dog, is also a part of our family. I feel so very blessed to teach at HCS! Students are incredible and there’s no place I’d rather be!
Upcoming Dates and Events:
Apr. 5 HOPE Mtg 630pm-Babysitting Available
Apr. 9-12 Conferences (sign up outside classroom)
Apr. 12 Dress Down Day $1-Spring Colors
Apr. 18 Spring Concert 7pm
Apr. 19 Feeding God’s People 730am
Apr. 19 Spirit Wear
Apr. 24 Mrs. Cozzi will be absent!
We are learning all about being in Preschool! It takes hard work to learn so many new things, but with these smart children, it’ll be a breeze!
Here’s what we practice everyday:
- Walking in a straight line-following the person in front of us
- Names of friends in class
- Listening during story time, circle and calendar time
- Sharing with our friends
- Keeping our hands to ourself
Our themes for the 2017-2018 school year:
- Sept-Oct: My Amazing Body
- Nov-Dec: Rainforest Adventure
- Jan-Feb: Dinosaur Dig
- Mar-Apr: Blast Off to Space
- May: Mother’s Day/Father’s Day; Wrapping Things Up!
Here’s what we are focusing on all year:
- Number Recognition (1-10)
- Uppercase Recognition (Review of letters)
- Colors and Shapes (Review of shapes/colors)
- Writing our names (please also work on this at home)
- Fine Motor and Gross Motor Skills
- How to hold our pencils, crayons, scissors, and markers (also work on this at home)
- Learning the days of the week/months of the year
A Day in the Life of a Preschooler
8-845 Open Play/Individual Instruction/Clean Up
845-9 Calendar/Prayer-Days of the Week/Months/ABCs/Story
945-10 Morning Mtg (theme instruction)/Songs/Religion Library (Thursday)
1040-1055 Clean Up/Ready to go home!
You can also learn more here with the ABC’s of Holy Childhood Preschool 3 Year Olds.
We use Mother Goose Time Curriculum for academics and Benzinger Curriculum for Religion.
Check your Dojo App on school days for updates, pictures, and videos.