My name is Jody Cozzi, and my family has lived in Mascoutah since 2011. My family loves Mascoutah so much that my husband retired from the AF, and we continue to live in this fabulous community! I have been teaching 3 yr old Preschool at HCS since 2013. I have four children Melanie, Cas, Avery, and Leo. All four graduated from HCS. Melanie is a Nurse in Denver, Cas is in fourth year Seminary, and Avery is a Sophomore at Benedictine College, and Leo is a Sophomore at MHS. Also a part of our family is Dixie, our 9 yr old dog. I feel so very blessed to teach at HCS! Students are incredible and there’s no place I’d rather be!
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- 8 Spring Pictures
- 12 Happy Birthday, Vivienne!
- 16 St. Patrick’s Day- Wear Green
We are learning all about being in Preschool! It takes hard work to learn so many new things, but with these smart children, it’ll be a breeze!
Here’s what we practice everyday:
- Walking in a straight line-following the person in front of us
- Names of friends in class
- Listening during story time, circle and calendar time
- Sharing with our friends
- Keeping our hands to ourselves
Our themes for the school year:
- Sept-Oct: Family
- Nov-Dec: Down on the Farm
- Jan-Feb: Community Helpers
- Mar-Apr: Baby Animals
- May: Mother’s Day/Father’s Day; Wrapping Things Up!
Here’s what we are focusing on all year:
- Number Recognition (1-10)
- Uppercase Recognition (Review of letters)
- Colors and Shapes (Review of shapes/colors)
- Writing our names (please also work on this at home)
- Fine Motor and Gross Motor Skills
- How to hold our pencils, crayons, scissors, and markers (also work on this at home)
- Learning the Days of the Week/Months of the year
A Day in the Life of a Preschooler
8-830 Wash Hands/Open Play/Individual Instruction/Clean Up
845-9 Prayer-Days of the Week/Months/ABCs/Shapes/Colors/Numbers
930-1030 T-CGS (Atrium)/MGT Activity/Craft
1030-1050 Open Play/Virtue of the Month
1050-11 Get ready for home
1040-1055 Clean Up/Ready to go home!
You can also learn more here with the Preschool Handbook 22-23.pdf.
We use Mother Goose Time Curriculum for academics and Catechist of the Good Shepherd (Atrium) for Religion.
Check your Dojo App on school days for updates, pictures, and videos.