My name is Jody Cozzi, and I have lived in Mascoutah for 6 yrs. My family loves Mascoutah so much that my husband retired from the AF, and we continue to live in this fabulous community! This is my fifth year teaching at HCS. I have four children Melanie, Cas, Avery, and Leo. Leo attends HCS. My other three graduated from HCS. My oldest is a freshman in college and my other two older two go to MHS. Dixie, our 4 yr old dog, is also a part of our family. I feel so very blessed to teach at HCS! Students are incredible and there’s no place I’d rather be!
- 3rd Blessing of the Pets-2:45 pm (Bring your pet to the parking lot!)
- 5th HOPE Mtg. 6:30 pm. BABYSITTING AVAILABLE
- 6th NO SCHOOL-Teacher Convention
- 9th NO SCHOOL-Columbus Day
- 10th Picture Retakes
- 13th Dress Down for $1. Get ready for Halloween-wear orange/black!
- 14th Auction-FUN night for adults! Dinner at 5:30
- 19th Vision/Hearing Test 10 am MANDATORY
- 19th Feeding God’s People 7:30am-8:00am
- 19th Spiritwear-Blue and Gold/Yellow
- 23rd Happy Birthday, Alexandra! J
- 26th Parent/Teacher Conference 3:30-7:00
- 27th Parent/Teacher Conference 12:30-4:00
- 27th Trunk or Treat 6:30-8:30pm
- Tues, Oct. 31 Halloween Party at 1015
We are learning all about being in Preschool! It takes hard work to learn so many new things, but with these smart children, it’ll be a breeze!
Here’s what we practice everyday:
- Walking in a straight line-following the person in front of us
- Names of new friends in class
- Listening during story time, circle and calendar time
- Sharing with our new friends
For September, we are learning about All About Me. We will focus on the letters B and A; numbers 1 and 2; green, and circle. The children will enjoy working and learning about different body parts, body senses, clothing, and staying healthy in this unit.
Here’s what we are focusing on all year:
- Number Recognition (1-10)
- Uppercase Recognition (Review of letters)
- Colors and Shapes (Review of shapes/colors)
- Writing our names (please also work on this at home)
- Fine Motor and Gross Motor Skills
- How to hold our pencils, crayons, scissors, and markers (also work on this at home)
- Learning the days of the week/months of the year
You can also learn more here with the ABC’s of Holy Childhood Preschool 3 Year Olds.