My name is Jody Cozzi, and I have lived in Mascoutah for 6 yrs. My family loves Mascoutah so much that my husband retired from the AF, and we continue to live in this fabulous community! This is my fifth year teaching at HCS. I have four children Melanie, Cas, Avery, and Leo. Leo attends HCS. My other three graduated from HCS. My oldest is a freshman in college and my other two older two go to MHS. Dixie, our 4 yr old dog, is also a part of our family. I feel so very blessed to teach at HCS! Students are incredible and there’s no place I’d rather be!
- 6th HOPE Christmas Party 630pm Babysitting Available
- 6th St. Nicholas Feast Day
- 10th Ryan’s Birthday!
- 13th Jackson’s Birthday!
- 14th Dress Down Day ($1)-The money goes to support our 7th grade class! They are earning money towards their 8th grade trip. This month is Christmas.
- 19th Christmas Party 10:15
- 20th Mrs. Dougherty Birthday
- 19-Jan. 3 Christmas Break
We are learning all about being in Preschool! It takes hard work to learn so many new things, but with these smart children, it’ll be a breeze!
Here’s what we practice everyday:
- Walking in a straight line-following the person in front of us
- Names of new friends in class
- Listening during story time, circle and calendar time
- Sharing with our new friends
For September, we are learning about All About Me. We will focus on the letters B and A; numbers 1 and 2; green, and circle. The children will enjoy working and learning about different body parts, body senses, clothing, and staying healthy in this unit.
Here’s what we are focusing on all year:
- Number Recognition (1-10)
- Uppercase Recognition (Review of letters)
- Colors and Shapes (Review of shapes/colors)
- Writing our names (please also work on this at home)
- Fine Motor and Gross Motor Skills
- How to hold our pencils, crayons, scissors, and markers (also work on this at home)
- Learning the days of the week/months of the year
You can also learn more here with the ABC’s of Holy Childhood Preschool 3 Year Olds.