My name is Judy Schneider, and I am delighted to be your child’s teacher this year. I am a lifetime resident of Mascoutah and both my husband, Tom, and I are Holy Childhood Alumni. We have been married for 24 years and have three amazing daughters: Maddie 22, Ellie 18, and Katie 14.
Up until our preschool program started in the fall of 2008, I had been a stay at home mom for 9 years. Prior to that I taught 3rd and 4th grade at Shiloh School and then taught two years in 1st grade at Laverna Evans in O’Fallon. I had always said that if and when I was ready to return to the classroom, it would have to be either teaching part time as a preschool teacher or at Holy Childhood where my daughters attend; and now I have both! I couldn’t be more excited to begin this twelfth year of our preschool program.
- Thurs. March 12th = $1 to wear green for St. Patrick’s Day
- Fri. March13th = 11:30am dismissal; Professional Development Day; please pick up at 11:15am; NO AFTER CARE! There IS bus service!
- Mon. March 16th – Fri. March 27th = APEX Fun Run; more info to come
- Thurs. March 19th = Feeding God’s People
- Thurs. March 19th = Spirit wear/blue & gold
- Fri. April 3rd = Annual Variety Show; 7:00pm; more info to come
- Thurs. April 9th – Mon. April 13th = NO SCHOOL; Easter Break
- Thurs. April 16th = Feeding God’s People/ wear spirit wear
- Fri. April 17th = Dads & Donuts; 8:30-9:00am
- Fri. April 24th = Mom & Muffins; 8:30-9:00am
Week of February 24th – 28th, 2020
THIS WEEK WE WILL…
- Learn all about the Letter Uu; what it looks like, how it sounds & words that begin with it
- Learn the Letter Uu action song
- Work on Letter Uu recognition
- Create the Letter Uu using pattern blocks
- Write the Room
- Work on Letter Uu letter formation
- Continue to learn about AB patterns
- Work on recognizing the #7 in various forms; as shown on fingers, on a 10 frame, by tally marks, in a set etc.
- work on number recognition for #’s 1-10
- Work on 1:1 correspondence
- Play with unifix cubes; finishing patterns and counting practice
- Learn about Lent
You can also learn more here with the ABC’s of Holy Childhood Preschool 4 Year Olds.