My name is Judy Schneider, and I am delighted to be your child’s teacher this year. I am a lifetime resident of Mascoutah and both my husband, Tom, and I are Holy Childhood Alumni. We have been married for 23 years and have three amazing daughters: Maddie 20, Ellie 17, and Katie 13.
Up until our preschool program started in the fall of 2008, I had been a stay at home mom for 9 years. Prior to that I taught 3rd and 4th grade at Shiloh School and then taught two years in 1st grade at Laverna Evans in O’Fallon. I had always said that if and when I was ready to return to the classroom, it would have to be either teaching part time as a preschool teacher or at Holy Childhood where my daughters attend; and now I have both! I couldn’t be more excited to begin this tenth year of our preschool program.
- Wed. Sept. 19th = School Spirit Day; wear blue and gold
- Thurs. Sept. 20th = Feeding God’s People; 7:30am in the cafeteria
- Tues. Sept. 18th = last day to turn in Magazine Sales
- Thurs. Oct. 4th = HOPE Meeting; 6:30pm in the cafeteria
- Fri. Oct. 5th = NO SCHOOL; Diocesan Teacher’s Convention
- Mon. Oct. 8th = NO SCHOOL; Columbus Day
- Sat. Oct. 13th = HCS Annual Dinner Auction; doors open at 5:30pm. For more info, message or email me!
Week of September 17th 2018 …
THIS WEEK WE WILL…
- Learn all about the Letter Bb; what it looks like, how it sounds & words that begin with it
- Learn the Letter Bb action song
- Air-write, trace & write the Letter Bb
- Work on Letter Bb letter recognition
- Sing the song “The Wheels on the Bus”
- Continue to learn about ABC patterns
- Continue to count our Zero the Hero numbers (10, 20) and count on for the number of days of school
- Use pattern blocks to create a bear
- Use play doh to make the #1 & #2 & show the numbers on a ten frame
- Work on number recognition for #’s 1-6
- Play a Roll, Count & Color game
Social Studies / Science
- Learn all about the color RED
- Play with red discovery bottles
- Draw red pictures
- Play “Hi Ho Cherry O”
- Learn about Bus Drivers
- Learn about bubbles
- Blow bubbles
- Make bubble art
You can also learn more here with the ABC’s of Holy Childhood Preschool 4 Year Olds.