My name is Judy Schneider, and I am delighted to be your child’s teacher this year. I am a lifetime resident of Mascoutah and both my husband, Tom, and I are Holy Childhood Alumni. We have been married for 25 years and have three amazing daughters: Maddie 24, Ellie 21, and Katie 17.
Up until our preschool program started in the fall of 2008, I had been a stay at home mom for 9 years. Prior to that I taught 3rd and 4th grade at Shiloh School and then taught two years in 1st grade at Laverna Evans in O’Fallon. I had always said that if and when I was ready to return to the classroom, it would have to be either teaching part time as a preschool teacher or at Holy Childhood where my daughters attend; and now I have both! I couldn’t be more excited to begin this fifteenth year of our preschool program.
- Fri. Dec. 9th= Spaghetti Dinner; sponsored by HCS Athletics; more info to come
- Fri. Dec. 16th = HCS Spirit Wear; wear blue & gold/yellow
- Wed. Dec. 21st – Wed. Jan. 4th = NO SCHOOL; Christmas Break & Teacher Inservice
- Thurs. Jan. 5th = School RESUMES
- Mon. Jan. 16th = NO SCHOOL; MLK Day
- Mon. Feb. 20th = NO SCHOOL; President’s Day
Week of Dec. 5th – 9th, 2022
This week we will…..
- Learn all about the Letter Ll, what it looks like, how it sounds & words that begin with it
- Learn the Letter Ll action song
- Work on identifying the Letter Ll
- Continue to learn about ABC patterns
- Continue to work on 1:1 correspondence
- Continue to learn about the #5
- Learn about St. Nick
- Continue to learn more about Advent & Christmas
- Begin to make our books retelling the Christmas story titled “A Tale of Christmas”
- Continue to “Countdown to Jesus’ Birthday” by adding stickers to our Jesus Birthday Cakes everyday
You can also learn more here with the ABC’s of Holy Childhood Preschool 4 Year Olds.