My name is Judy Schneider, and I am delighted to be your child’s teacher this year. I am a lifetime resident of Mascoutah and both my husband, Tom, and I are Holy Childhood Alumni. We have been married for 25 years and have three amazing daughters: Maddie 22, Ellie 19, and Katie 15.
Up until our preschool program started in the fall of 2008, I had been a stay at home mom for 9 years. Prior to that I taught 3rd and 4th grade at Shiloh School and then taught two years in 1st grade at Laverna Evans in O’Fallon. I had always said that if and when I was ready to return to the classroom, it would have to be either teaching part time as a preschool teacher or at Holy Childhood where my daughters attend; and now I have both! I couldn’t be more excited to begin this thirteenth year of our preschool program.
- Wed. Oct. 21st = Parent Teacher Conferences via phone
- Thurs. Oct. 22nd = 11:30am dismissal; NO SCHOOL LUNCH; Parent Teacher Conferences via phone
- Fri. Oct. 23rd = NO SCHOOL
- Wed. Nov. 11th = NO SCHOOL; Veteran’s Day
- Fri. Nov. 20th = Spirit wear; wear blue & gold with jeans
- Tues. Nov. 24th = 11:30am dismissal
- Wed. Nov. 25th – Sun. Nov. 29th = NO SCHOOL; Thanksgiving Break
- Thurs. Dec. 3rd & Fri. Dec. 4th = Santa’s Kottage; more info to come
- Fri. Dec. 18th = 11:30 DISMISSAL; NO lunch offered or AFTER CARE!
- Sat. Dec. 19th – Sun. Jan. 3rd = NO SCHOOL: Christmas Break
Week of October 19th – 23rd, 2020
THIS WEEK WE WILL…
- Learn all about the Letter Ff; what it looks like, how it sounds, & words that begin with it
- Learn an action song for Letter Ff
- Recognize & discriminate Letter Ff among other letters
- Work on 1:1 correspondence
- Continue to learn about ABC patterns
- Count our Zero the Hero numbers 10-40
- Work on number recognition for #’s 1-5
- Thank God for giving us our family and friends
Science & Social Studies
- Learn about the season of Fall
- Get our Hearing & Vision tested
You can also learn more here with the ABC’s of Holy Childhood Preschool 4 Year Olds.