My name is Judy Schneider, and I am delighted to be your child’s teacher this year. I am a lifetime resident of Mascoutah and both my husband, Tom, and I are Holy Childhood Alumni. We have been married for 21 years and have three amazing daughters: Maddie 19, Ellie 15, and Katie 12.
Up until our preschool program started in the fall of 2008, I had been a stay at home mom for 9 years. Prior to that I taught 3rd and 4th grade at Shiloh School and then taught two years in 1st grade at Laverna Evans in O’Fallon. I had always said that if and when I was ready to return to the classroom, it would have to be either teaching part time as a preschool teacher or at Holy Childhood where my daughters attend; and now I have both! I couldn’t be more excited to begin this ninth year of our preschool program.
- Fri. Aug. 25th= students MUST bring their lunch
- Fri. Aug. 25th =HC Fish Fry; 5:00pm+
- Sat. Aug. 26th= HC Church Picnic
- Mon. Aug. 28th = students MUST bring their lunch
- Mon. Sept. 4th = NO SCHOOL; Labor Day
- Thurs. Sept. 7st= HOPE/Parents’ Club Meeting; 6:30pm
THIS WEEK WE WILL…
- Continue to read and retell the story of “The Kissing Hand” and do activities to go with it
- Continue to have “Mr. Bear” sharing time
- Participate in Learning Centers to reinforce Fine Motor Skills
- Draw our families
- Continue to do Calendar Math where we count to the given day, count days of school, and graph the weather
Social / Emotional
- Continue to discuss classroom rules
- Continue to learn how to line up
- Continue our good manners by saying “Yes Please” or “No Thank You” during snack time
- Talk about our voice & how and when to use the different voices that God gave us
You can also learn more here with the ABC’s of Holy Childhood Preschool 4 Year Olds.