My name is Judy Schneider, and I am delighted to be your child’s teacher this year. I am a lifetime resident of Mascoutah and both my husband, Tom, and I are Holy Childhood Alumni. We have been married for 22 years and have three amazing daughters: Maddie 19, Ellie 16, and Katie 12.
Up until our preschool program started in the fall of 2008, I had been a stay at home mom for 9 years. Prior to that I taught 3rd and 4th grade at Shiloh School and then taught two years in 1st grade at Laverna Evans in O’Fallon. I had always said that if and when I was ready to return to the classroom, it would have to be either teaching part time as a preschool teacher or at Holy Childhood where my daughters attend; and now I have both! I couldn’t be more excited to begin this tenth year of our preschool program.
- Wed. Dec. 6th = HOPE Meeting; 6:30pm in the cafeteria
- Wed. Dec.20th = 3:00 regular dismissal
- Thurs. Dec. 21st – Tues. Jan. 2nd = NO SCHOOL; Christmas Break
- Wed. Jan. 3rd = School resumes
- Thurs. Jan. 4th = HOPE Meeting; 6:30pm in cafeteria
- Thurs. Jan. 11th = $1 Dress Down Day to wear your Favorite Color
- Mon. Jan. 15th = NO SCHOOL; MLK Day
Week of December 4th …
THIS WEEK WE WILL…
- Learn all about the Letter Ll; how it sounds, what it looks like & words that begin with it
- “Write the Room” where we write the word & draw the picture
- Differentiate & sort Letter Kk & Letter Ll picture cards
- Sort uppercase & lowercase Ll
- Continue to learn about ABC patterns
Work on number identification for #’s 1-10
- Learn more about Advent & Christmas
- Begin making our books retelling the Christmas story titled “A Tale of Christmas”
- Learn about Jesus’ love for us
Social Studies / Science
- Begin making our Christmas gifts for our parents
- Do a Science Experiment using lemon juice to write a secret message or picture
You can also learn more here with the ABC’s of Holy Childhood Preschool 4 Year Olds.