My name is Judy Schneider, and I am delighted to be your child’s teacher this year. I am a lifetime resident of Mascoutah and both my husband, Tom, and I are Holy Childhood Alumni. We have been married for 23 years and have three amazing daughters: Maddie 20, Ellie 17, and Katie 13.
Up until our preschool program started in the fall of 2008, I had been a stay at home mom for 9 years. Prior to that I taught 3rd and 4th grade at Shiloh School and then taught two years in 1st grade at Laverna Evans in O’Fallon. I had always said that if and when I was ready to return to the classroom, it would have to be either teaching part time as a preschool teacher or at Holy Childhood where my daughters attend; and now I have both! I couldn’t be more excited to begin this tenth year of our preschool program.
- Thurs. Jan 17th = Feeding God’s People & Spirit Wear Day
- Mon. Jan. 21st = NO SCHOOL; MLK Day
- Thurs. Feb. 7th = HOPE Meeting: 6:30pm in cafeteria
- Mon. Feb. 18th = NO SCHOOL; President’s Day
- Wed. May 8th = LAST DAY of Pre-K!
Week of January 14th , 2019 …
THIS WEEK WE WILL…
- Learn all about the Letter Oo; what it looks like, how it sounds & words that begin with it
- Learn the Letter Oo action song
- Work on Letter Oo letter formation
- Sort upper & lowercase Oo’s
- Continue to skip count to 90 by 10’s
- Continue to learn about ABC patterns
- Put #’s 1-8 in the correct order
- Work on number recognition 1-10
- learn about an octopus
You can also learn more here with the ABC’s of Holy Childhood Preschool 4 Year Olds.